Contracts Industry Council (CIC) - Opening for a large business representative
Contracts Industry Council (CIC)—Large Business Representative Opening The Contracts Industry Council (CIC) has an opening for a large business representative. While Josh Hatter will continue as the President of the CDCA, his term on the CIC is ends on June 20, 2017. This upcoming vacancy is a three-year commitment for the selected applicant. The commitment is June 2017—June 2020. Self-nominated applications are due no later than Wednesday, May 31, 2017. The purpose of CIC is to increase the degree of integration and quality of the business partnership between SSC-LANT and industry. The CIC is a forum with industry partners to develop a culture of continuous improvement in order to produce better products/services for the warfighter. The CIC provides a forum for the collaborative exchange of ideas to enhance processes to do things smarter, better, and more efficiently. The CIC strives to help the SPAWAR/Industry team co-evolve our technologies to maintain our competitive advantage. The Definition of a Large Business (per the CIC Charter): A business on the top 20 federal contractor list as published in Washington Technology. 2016’s list is available at this link: https://washingtontechnology.com/toplists/top-100-lists/2016.aspx. The most recent CIC Charter is available for review here: http://charlestondca.org/cic.
Qualifications for Contracts Industry Council Membership:
- CDCA Membership (not required, but preferred)
- Industry nominees’ companies must have a Prime Contract with SSC-LANT.
- Nominees must be a full-time employee of a company and be recognized by their industry partners as having extensive experience and familiarity with the SSC-LANT business model.
To be considered for this opening, please forward a short summary (approx. 500 words) of your qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following items should be included in your self-nomination:
- Amount of time you have worked as a defense contractor in the Charleston area.
- Variety of experience in your background (e.g. small, mid, large business, active duty military, and/or civil service).
- How you believe you could best contribute to CIC.
- Your physical location. (Charleston, SC is preferred due to the number of meetings required.)
- Anything else you believe to be relevant and prove beneficial to this group, such as your experience, training or education.
Self-nominations should be sent to Cynthia@charlestondca.org via email no later than Wednesday, May 31, 2017. You are welcome to submit earlier.